Sunday, 20 January 2013
Our new blog for mums in Surrey
Welcome to the new Cobham mums blog post!!!
I am starting this blog now because I have time on my hands and the weather report is SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW. I also want to bring you lots of fun stuff!!! More FUN!!! Share what me and my friends get up to in this lovely place where we live.
My kids love the snow but only until there little faces turn bright pink, and all hands are numb, then its fun indoors.
I think it drives everyone a little stir crazy being in for long periods of time, but filled our days with home made cooking (everyone got involved in the making and the eating) and we also played a few games, and did all of our house choirs!! Oh yes and managed to brave the snow and pop into the high st in Cobham for the amazing sale at cSee - a massive 80% off!!! That made my Sunday pretty amazing.
Unbelievably this weekend was the first time I ever made a fruit crumble, for the record I cook but my better half, he does not like cooked fruit! That's right. Before children I never cooked it. Grandma did it and they love it and I got a request and here is my own version - what do you think?
My berry and apple crumble to make on a snowy day with the kids-
Ingredients
APPLES - my leftover ones in the fridge
Cup of Frozen berries
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of all purpose flour
60g butter
lemon
1tsp baking powder
Cook apples for 10 minutes in pan on medium heat, put to one side. Mix the crumble ingredients together with your fingers, wash hands, go back to apples, mix in berries and stir.
Make sure that the mix is soft and caramel like - brown is good
Look how great the berries make this - a fabulous bright crumble!
Make sure that the crumble mixture is really mixed with your hands so the butter breaks down to become the perfect topping. Knead the crumble mixture onto of the fruit, and cover it all as much as you can, pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes temperature is 190c/375F/gas5.
Enjoy - we did!!!
cSEE SALE
When someone mentions a sale to me, my first reaction is to ask 50 questions! Discount, discount, where, what do they have???????? So many questions so little time!!! I love cSee boutique because it has nice pieces, but it also has great practical pieces. It took me ages to go into the shop when I first moved here, but I met Hayley (lovely, friendly, smiley, everything I want in a shop ) one of the owners and once I went in I then realised it was different to what I expected. Although it stocks some expensive bits, they also stock casual wear which is well made and not that badly priced.
Today was different!
All of the winter stock was 80% off, OMG!!!!! My pulse raced, and a snow storm might of been coming but that wasn't going to stop me. I picked up my mates and headed down for a shop!
Winter stock, buying when the weather is at its coldest and I have to say it again but for 80% OFF!!!!
I bought well. Staples!!! Stuff I actually wanted, that fitted, and was useful, jeans, jumpers, shirts, and more.
I was joined in this madness by a whole other bunch of shoppers in Cobham. Make sure you have a look - they have a few bits left BUT BE QUICK AS I MIGHT GO BACK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment